Oriental Pork Chops
- 6 to 8 Loin pork chops
- 1 can (13½ oz) pineapple chunks
- ½ cup Fancy Molasses
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 green pepper, cut in large pieces
- Trim fat from chops and place them in baking pan. Bake at 300°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until cooked .
- Twenty minutes before chops are cooked, drain off fat and cover with sauce.
- Drain pineapple and reserve ½ cup of syrup. Combine molasses, vinegar and pineapple syrup in a saucepan. Stir in salt, ginger and soy sauce. Blend cornstarch and cold water until smooth, then add to molasses mixture. Add green pepper.
- Place over medium heat. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add pineapple chunks.
- Garnish with apple slices.