Molasses Sticky Buns
- 2 loaves (16 ounces each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons water
- Roll out each loaf of bread dough into a 10″ square. Spread with butter to within ½ inch of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seams to seal. Cut each loaf into eight slices.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter, water and molasses to a boil. Pour into a greased 13″ x 9″ baking dish. Place rolls, cut side down, in molasses sauce.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in dish for 5 minutes; invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 16 buns.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.
Keywords: sticky buns