Servings: 4 serving(s)
Prep time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Molasses and soy sauce is an excellent flavour combination for these easy molasses soy glazed salmon skewers.
Especially on sunny days when it’s finally starting to feel like spring. For me, food on a skewer dissolves all memory of winter and welcomes warmer weather to our supper table. With their fresh spring colours these salmon skewers even look great on a plate, served over rice with some fresh bright vegetables alongside.
Of course molasses & soy glazed salmon skewers taste delicious too. Molasses and soy sauce is an excellent combination, especially with salmon. Since it’s a rich tasting fish salmon can handle the extra flavour of the marinade and the tangy sweet from the molasses is a lovely touch.
These speedy salmon skewers are suitable for a main dish meal but they work just as well as a tasty, finger-friendly appetizer too.
Want to teach your kids to cook? Get them started with this recipe. The marinade is simple to mix up, and it’s very hands-on, so fun to assemble.
Molasses and Soy Glazed Salmon Skewer Recipe
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (or gluten-free Tamari)
- 1/3 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger or ½ tsp. dry ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- Pinch of hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- About 1 ½ lbs. salmon, cut into strips
- Squeeze of lemon
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives or scallions (green onions)
- Wooden skewers for threading (soaked in water for 30 minutes before cooking)
- In a shallow dish combine soy sauce, molasses, ginger and garlic (and hot pepper). Add the salmon and mix it around with your hands until it’s well coated.
- Let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes if you have time. If not, Preheat oven to 400 F
- Thread salmon onto prepared wooden skewers.
- Place salmon skewers on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, turning once half way through, until cooked.
- Remove to a plate, squeeze over lemon and sprinkle with chopped chives.
You might also enjoy our Molasses Salmon with Coriander:
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.