Molasses Pork Tenderloin
- ¼ cup Fancy Molasses
- ¼ cup Kentucky Bourbon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, minced OR ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 (1-lb each) pork tenderloins
- Combine all ingredients, except pork, with a whisk or in processor. Place tenderloin in a ziploc bag and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cook 4 inches from a hot charcoal fire for 15 to 25 minutes, or until the pork has reached 165°F internally and has just lost its pinkness. Baste while cooking. Do not overcook or it will be dry. (The meat may also be broiled 6 inches from the heat for 16 to 18 minutes.) Baste often.
- Slice in ½-inch thick slices to serve as a main course, or slice in ¼-inch slices to put on top of French bread for a picnic. Serves 6.