Servings: 4-6 serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
One-Pan Marinated Chicken and Mushrooms is an easy and delicious weeknight meal. The flavourful marinade is quick to mix up and versatile (try it with pork too, and cauliflower, broccoli…).
If you’re looking for ways to add oomph to a meal than a marinade is the way to go. Marinades are so easy to throw together, they add loads of flavour and they keep your food from drying out during cooking.
In this marinated chicken and mushrooms dish the soy-based marinade in this recipe is lightly sweetened with molasses and maple syrup. Molasses is a bit of a secret ingredient in this dish. When you taste it you’ll understand just how well molasses complements to the sharp flavour of soy.
Baking the mushrooms along with the chicken adds extra flavour to the dish, letting all that great mushroom flavour mingle in the pan juices.
- Make a double batch of the marinade so you have it on hand for even faster prep of this recipe.
- No need to marinate the chicken in advance, if you don’t have time. Simply bake it in the marinade.
- You can substitute fresh garlic and onion for the dried called for in the recipe. (1-2 cloves of garlic, minced & 1/2 onion, minced.)
One-Pan Marinated Chicken and Mushrooms
One-Pan Marinated Chicken and Mushrooms is an easy and delicious weeknight meal. The skinless chicken stays moist and the mushrooms develop a meaty texture. The flavourful marinade is quick to mix up and versatile (try it with chicken, pork, cauliflower, broccoli and more).
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp smoked paprika (or sweet paprika)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano or Italian herb blend
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Black pepper
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 lb sliced mushrooms
- Combine marinade ingredients in a mason jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake until well combined.
- Place chicken in a dish and coat with half of the marinade. Let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes (or overnight) if you have time.*
- Place mushrooms in a large roasting dish and toss with half of the remaining marinade.
- Nestle chicken pieces in among the mushrooms. Drizzle with a bit more marinade.
- Bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through. (Baste with remaining marinade half way through baking.
*No time to marinate the chicken? No problem. Simply add extra marinade to the baking/roasting dish instead.
Try the flavourful marinade with other kinds of meat and fish, and with vegetables too (cauliflower, broccoli and more).
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to rate it.
Get new recipes every week…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive our weekly recipe email.Sign up for our Newsletter