Servings: 12 serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are like a bowl of porridge for people on the go. Made with a combination of rolled oats and whole wheat flour they’re wholesome, filling and are just the right kind of sweet for a healthy snack.
And they’re refined sugar-free — sweetened only with molasses and maple syrup.
Molasses and maple syrup are a great flavour pairing in recipes. It’s a great option if you want to mellow the molasses flavour a bit.
If you love blueberry muffins you’ll find all sorts of wholesome blueberry muffin recipes right here.
Maple Molasses Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are like a bowl of porridge for people on the go. Made with a combination of rolled oats and whole wheat flour they’re wholesome, filling and are just the right kind of sweet for a healthy snack. Refined sugar-free.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup plain yogurt*
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 5 Tbsp. oil (olive, canola, grapeseed, vegetable)
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (not instant), plus more for sprinkling
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. powdered ginger
- ¾ cups wild blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and prepare muffin pan (grease muffin cups or line with papers).
- In a medium bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl whisk the dry ingredients. Add the blueberries and stir to coat.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour over the wet mixture. Stir gently until almost combined.
- Spoon into prepared pan and sprinkle over a few rolled oats.
- Place in oven and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 400 F.
- Bake for 15-20 min, until tops spring back lightly when touched.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
*Can use flavoured yogurt (vanilla or blueberry)
These muffins freeze well.
Keywords: blueberry oatmeal muffins
Nutritional info: Per muffin:
Calories: 196.6, Fat: 7.4 g, Saturated Fat: .9 g, Cholesterol: 16.3 mg, Sodium: 180 mg, Carbs: 28.2, Sugar: 9.3 g, Protein: 4.6 g, Fibre 2.6 g, Potassium: 229.7 mg, Calcium: 65.2 mg
Sign up to receive wholesome recipes
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up here to receive our monthly newsletter and a weekly recipe. Sign up for our Newsletter