Servings: 24 serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
The ultimate healthy breakfast cookies filled with goodness (including All-Bran).
Sometimes I get so hungry all of the sudden that I think I`m going to fall over. It hits me, just like that. The same thing happens to my twin brother so I know I`m not crazy.
I feel like Audrey in `Little Shop of Horrors` (“Feed me Seymore”) and have taken to stashing protein bars in my purse and in the glove compartment. Although I`m not a fan of protein bars — they don`t really have a baked-from-scratch sort of flavour.
When I get that dip these cookies are the sort of thing that I crave. They have substance, flavour and a little bit of sweet.
Why Healthy Breakfast Cookies with All-Bran are the real deal:
- They’re loaded with stuff that’s good for you – the sort of cookie you could nibble with your morning coffee or have as your mid-morning snack.
- They’re picnic cookies and going-on-a-hike cookies, tasty fuel for your body.
- They’re sweet, but not too sweet and have great flavour thanks for the orange zest, cinnamon and chocolate chips (a terrific combo).
- They’re made with All-Bran cereal and a healthy dose of ground flax and whole grain flour.
Healthy Breakfast Cookies with All-Bran Cereal
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total Time: 27
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- ½ cup butter, softened*
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. grated orange rind
- 1 cup whole wheat or spelt flour, spooned in
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup All-Bran-style cereal
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or dried fruit (or a combination of the two)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in molasses, egg and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in cereal and chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonful on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Healthy tip from a reader: Reduce the butter to 1/4 cup and add 1/4 cup applesauce
If you’re a fan of All-Bran you might like our Cranberry Bran Muffins recipe.
Subscribe to our recipe updates…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’ll send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more.Sign up for our Newsletter