Servings: 3 dozen serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
An old fashioned ginger snap recipe with a great ginger bite.
Ginger Snaps Recipe
- 1 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened or shortening
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda dissolved in small amount of water
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 Tbsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Heat molasses to the boiling point, add sugar.
- Remove from stove, add butter (or shortening) and dissolved baking soda. Cool.
- Add egg.
- Sift dry ingredients and stir in. Add more flour if necessary.
- Chill and roll out (1/8″). Cut in desired shapes or roll as refrigerator cookies (allow to stand in refrigerator for 24 hours and slice.)
- Bake until golden brown – 10-12 minutes.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.