Garlic Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 1 kg (2 pounds) hamburger meat
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped fine)
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¾ cup chopped onions
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 beef OXO cube
- ½ cup Fancy Molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp pepper
- Combine the above ingredients. Mix well and shape lightly into 1½ inch balls.
- Cook over medium-high heat in skillet. Meatballs are cooked when there is no pink in the centre.
- Combine the above ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add meatballs, heat on minimum for 10 minutes. Serve hot.