Servings: 6-8 serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Garlic Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 1 kg (2 pounds) hamburger meat
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped fine)
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¾ cup chopped onions
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 beef OXO cube
- ½ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp pepper
- Combine the above ingredients. Mix well and shape lightly into 1½ inch balls.
- Cook over medium-high heat in skillet. Meatballs are cooked when there is no pink in the centre.
- Combine the above ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add meatballs, heat on minimum for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.