- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place ham in a large roasting pan with bone facing up.
- Use a paring knife to score the skin of the ham, pour mustard over the ham and massage it into the all crevices.
- Pour molasses on top allowing it to run down the sides of the ham.
- Add water to the bottom of the roasting pan, add in carrots and onions. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Roast the ham for 2 hours.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 250°F and cook for an additional hour.
- Rotate the pan every hour or so; use a turkey baster to baste the ham with pan juices every 30 minutes.
*If you’re cooking a smaller ham adjust the mustard, molasses and water amounts accordingly. Carrot and onion amounts can stay the same. Pepper can be reduced.