Servings: 9 buns serving(s)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Who can resist cinnamon sticky buns on Easter morning?
There is something about Easter weekend that makes me crave homemade baked goods, and not just any bread, muffin or scone. I crave special treats like these cinnamon sticky buns.
I know that cinnamon buns made with yeast dough are delicious and soft but I’m not always in the mood to take the time. If my kids are requesting sticky buns and I want to serve them up quickly I make these cinnamon sticky buns. Made with a simple biscuit dough they’re quick and easy to mix up and take next to no time to bake. In fact, I should really be requesting that my kids bake these for me on Easter morning.
These are smallish cinnamon buns so plan for two per person. That’s just right for my family of four. If you have more mouths to feed or would like leftovers I suggest you make two batches.
30-Minute Cinnamon Sticky Buns
From the delightful cookbook, Alice Eats, by Julie Van Rosendaal
Makes 9 buns
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Place the sauce ingredients in an 8”x 8” metal pan and place it in the oven for a few minutes, until the butter melts.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the milk and oil and stir gently until just combined.
- Scrape onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 9”x 14” rectangle.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon and drizzle over the molasses.
- Starting from the long side, roll into a log. Using a serrated knife, slice into 9 rolls.
- Remove pan from the oven and stir to combine. Place the rolls on the pan (cut side down for the two end pieces.) Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes (no more) and then invert onto a plate.