Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Made with whole wheat flour, bananas, yogurt and coconut these muffins have a lovely flavour and texture. They’re a little wholesome and so satisfying.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil (I use grapeseed)
- 3 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (or flavoured, if that’s all you have)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 lg. eggs, room temp.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Line muffin pans with paper liners or grease them well.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl whisk the bananas with the sugar, oil, molasses, yogurt and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until almost combined. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared muffins pans, place pans in the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden and spring back when lightly touched.
Substitute walnuts or pecans for the chocolate chips if you’d prefer the muffins to be less sweet.
This batter can be baked in mini banana bread tins. (Adjust baking time accordingly).