Servings: 24 serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Chewy Coconut Molasses Bars are quick to mix up and last for days in a tin on the counter. This is a one-pot recipe.
These chewy coconut molasses bars have a rich caramel flavour and a great texture. The recipe calls for two eggs, but it’s only the egg whites that you use. And there is so much coconut. Another reason for the lovely texture.
Like so many baked good made with molasses, the flavour and texture of these chewy bars improve with age.
Even better, this is an easy one-pot recipe.
Coconut Molasses Bars Recipe
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup flour, spooned in
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 large egg whites, unbeaten (eggs room temperature)
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp. moist, unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line an 8” baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium pot, melt butter. Remove from heat and stir in flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Stir in molasses, vanilla and egg whites. Add coconut.
- Scrape into prepared pan and bake about 30 minutes until centre is set.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove from pan to finish cooling.
- Cut when cool into 24 bars.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.