Servings: 4 serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
This easy recipe for Cajun spice baked haddock is a 30-minute meal that everyone will love. The flavourful marinade turns simple white fish into a family favourite supper.
This Cajun spice baked haddock recipe is super easy and extra flavourful.
I can go weeks without seeing some if my good friends. And I don’t mean friends who live far away. I mean the friends who live five or 10 minutes away. It’s ridiculous. But if you have young kids may be you know what I mean. Weekends are busy and field-side chats during soccer practice end up being some of our most social times. That’s life during this little slice of time that our kids are young.
I miss real chat time with my friends so we have a new strategy… a weeknight potluck every six weeks or so. There’s nothing like sharing a glass of wine with friends to make a Tuesday night feel like the weekend. We catch up and laugh, share great food and are home and in bed by 11:00. It’s perfect.
This recipe came out of one such gathering. It’s a recipe I usually make with shrimp but discovered that white fish is a tasty substitute. Use prepared Cajun spice if you don’t have all of the herbs and spices on hand. (Use 1 Tbsp. of prepared Cajun seasoning, or more if you like things to be spicy.) Serve with couscous and a salad or this delicious carrot slaw.
Cajun Spice Baked Haddock Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce or Tamari (GF)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- Zest from half a lemon
- 2 1/2 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- pinch of cayenne (or more if you like)
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley or cilantro (chopped)
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce (can omit if you can’t find GF sauce)
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds firm white fish (haddock or cod)
- Combine all ingredients except the fish in a baking dish and stir well.
- Place fish in the dish, spooning over the marinade.
- Let the fish marinate for 15-30 minutes (optional).
- Bake at 450 F for about 10 minutes or until done.
Subscribe to our recipe updates…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’ll send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more.Sign up for our Newsletter