Servings: 4 serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
This easy recipe for Cajun spice baked haddock is a 30-minute meal that everyone will love. The flavourful marinade turns simple white fish into a family favourite supper.
This Cajun spice baked haddock recipe is super easy and extra flavourful.
I can go weeks without seeing some if my good friends. And I don’t mean friends who live far away. I mean the friends who live five or 10 minutes away. It’s ridiculous. But if you have young kids may be you know what I mean. Weekends are busy and field-side chats during soccer practice end up being some of our most social times. That’s life during this little slice of time that our kids are young.
I miss real chat time with my friends so we have a new strategy… a weeknight potluck every six weeks or so. There’s nothing like sharing a glass of wine with friends to make a Tuesday night feel like the weekend. We catch up and laugh, share great food and are home and in bed by 11:00. It’s perfect.
This recipe came out of one such gathering. It’s a recipe I usually make with shrimp but discovered that white fish is a tasty substitute. Use prepared Cajun spice if you don’t have all of the herbs and spices on hand. (Use 1 Tbsp. of prepared Cajun seasoning, or more if you like things to be spicy.) Serve with couscous and a salad or this delicious carrot slaw.
Cajun Spice Baked Haddock Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce or Tamari (GF)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- Zest from half a lemon
- 2 1/2 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- pinch of cayenne (or more if you like)
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley or cilantro (chopped)
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce (can omit if you can’t find GF sauce)
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds firm white fish (haddock or cod)
- Combine all ingredients except the fish in a baking dish and stir well.
- Place fish in the dish, spooning over the marinade.
- Let the fish marinate for 15-30 minutes (optional).
- Bake at 450 F for about 10 minutes or until done.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email..