Servings: 8-10 serving(s)
Prep time: 9 hours
Total time: 15 hours
Cooking time: 6 hours
Molasses Baked Beans Recipe
- 3 cups white beans
- ¼ lb. salt pork or bacon
- 1 medium onion
- 1/3 tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1/3 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 tsp. salt
- Pick beans over and soak overnight.
- Drain, cover with water by 2 inches and simmer for an hour.
- Drain and add to bean crock or heavy pot with a cover.
- Add chopped pork, onion, molasses, salt, pepper and mustard.
- Cover with water and bake in a covered bean pot for about 6 hours at 300°F.
- Add water if beans are dry.
- Serve hot.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.