Servings: 6-8 serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hours
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Apple Gingerbread Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- ¼ cup butter or shortening
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ½ cup sour milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 large tart apples
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease the inside sides of an 8″ round pan.
- Cream butter, add sugar gradually, beat well.
- Stir in egg and molasses.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk. Beat until fluffy.
- For the topping: Melt butter in a casserole dish or pan, arrange sliced apples in it. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour cake batter over apples and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes then loosen edges with a knife.
- Turn out upside down and serve with Molasses Toffee Sauce or Satin Sauce
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe