Cauliflower is one of my favourite vegetables but was something that my kids were always ho hum about. That is until I started roasting it. Now they devour cauliflower and at mealtime the four of us can easily eat an entire head of cauliflower when it’s prepared this way.
For the longest time I was roasting it simply with olive oil, salt and pepper but then I started experimenting with different herb and spice blends. This particular combination is a new favourite. Serve it alongside pork chops with molasses cider glaze and sauteed apples. (A little cranberry sauce on the side would be extra delicious.)
Roasted cauliflower with chili and molasses
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a large baking dish or pan toss all ingredients until the cauliflower is well coated. Choose a dish or pan that’s large enough to accommodate the cauliflower in a single layer.
- Bake at 375 F for 25-30 minutes, or until cauliflower is golden and tender.
- Stir often during cooking so the cauliflower cooks evenly.