Servings: 4-6 serving(s)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Molasses Mustard Chicken is an easy, flavourful weeknight meal. The chicken is baked with a tasty rub and the glaze is brushed on near the end of cooking.
No more boring chicken.
For my kids to really enjoy chicken it needs to be very flavourful. I tend to agree. Seasoned chicken with a sticky glaze is so much better than simply cooking it with a little salt and pepper.
This recipe is especially good for boneless, skinless cuts of chicken.
The spic rub and molasses mustard glaze help to keep the chicken from drying out and they more than compensate for the flavour that you lose when you’re cooking chicken without the bone and skin.
There’s a good chance you’ll have leftover rub and glaze, which is great. Both store well.
- Serve this chicken alongside steamed green beans and boiled new potatoes or use it as a salad topper for a supper-sized salad.
- You can also cook this chicken on the barbecue.
- Planning ahead? Rub the spice on the chicken in the morning and let it sit, covered, in the fridge all day.
Molasses Mustard Chicken Recipe
Adapted from Carl’s Bad Cravings
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika (optional but yummy)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2-1 tsp. chipotle chili powder (can substitute regular chili powder)
Molasses Dijon Glaze
- 1/3 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and drizzle over the Tbsp. of olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Rub Ingredients. Sprinkle over the chicken and rub in a bit. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Move oven rack to top position and broil chicken for 6 minutes on each side (12 minutes total). (Chicken could be baked instead – 375 F)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Molasses Dijon Sauce ingredients.
- Remove chicken from oven and brush top sides with sauce; broil 1-2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Brush individual servings with additional sauce and serve.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.