Servings: 1 loaf serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hours
Molasses Banana Bread
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2 tbsp Fancy Molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup walnuts or pecans chopped
- ½ cup chocolate or peanut butter chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar, then mix in bananas, molasses and eggs until smooth.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add to wet ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Fold in walnuts (pecans) and/or chocolate chips (peanut butter chips).
- Bake in 8½ x 4½ inch loaf pan at 350°F for 1 hour or until done.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.