If you can whip cream and have a freezer, you can make homemade ice cream. No ice cream maker required with this easy no-churn recipe
It was my mom’s idea to combine ginger and caramel in this simple no-churn ice cream recipe. Ginger and caramel are two of her favourite flavours and favourites of mine too.
Welcome to Ice cream heaven: Ginger Caramel No Churn Ice Cream
We are officially into the routine of stopping for ice cream cones when we head to our cottage for the weekend. We drive right past a country store that serves a wonderful variety of flavours and with a car full of kids it’s hard not to stop.
One of my favourite flavours is salted caramel. But when I’m eating salted caramel ice cream I can’t help but think about ginger and a homemade ginger ice cream I had on holidays years ago.
This ginger caramel no churn ice cream is a combination of what are really my two favourite flavours of ice cream: caramel and ginger.
For this recipe I made a half batch of our Molasses Caramel Sauce but you could use store-bought caramel sauce too.
Ginger Caramel No Churn Ice Cream
- 1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ tsp. powdered ginger
- ¼ cup chopped candied ginger
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and the molasses.
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Drizzle in the condensed milk mixture and powdered ginger and continue to whip until all the condensed milk is incorporated into the cream and the mixture is thick.
- Fold in the candied ginger then drizzle over most of the caramel sauce. Stir once or twice (you want thick ribbons of the sauce to remain) then scrape mixture into the prepared pan. Even out the top then drizzle remaining caramel sauce over top. Draw a butter knife through the mixture in a figure-eight pattern to incorporate the final drizzle of sauce.
- Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.