- 2½ cups cooking bran
- 1½ cup sour milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup melted butter or shortening
- 2/3 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup raisins or chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 400°F & line muffin tins with muffin cups. Soak bran in milk, and then add beaten egg, melted butter/shortening and molasses.
- Combine sifted dry ingredients with raisins or dates. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir only until flour is moistened. Spoon mixture into well-greased muffin pans.
- Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. The sign-up form is on the top right hand side of this page. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. Our Making Life Delicious newsletter includes cooking tips, menu ideas and featured recipes. Here’s the link to our monthly email sign-up form.